Friday, July 30, 2010

One of my favorite tools was the Image Generators/Mashups. I am so visual so I love creating pieces that will introduce and /or enhance learning. I still want to create a word cloud in Big Huge Lab. Again, this type of visual is a great set for a topic

The 11 Tools has encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone and attempt more with technology. Some of us who have been in education for a while, find it intimidating. We don't want to come across this way to our students but is does take time to leave it behind. I assume one of the objectives of 11 Tools is simply introduction to some of the resources available and certainly not mastery of.

As far as outcomes go, there were some pretty difficult tools to navigate through. Some of the tools were completed with an attempt and certainly not a finished product, introduction not mastery. But that's okay, we tell out students to try and we can go from there. Some of the tools needed more hands-on guidance and the activity took many more than seven hours! At least, for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment